+1 vote
asked in UI & GUI-Builder by (130 points)
edited by

Windows 10

Java JDK 11.0.12

Rapidclipse 10.4.0

After installing Rapidclipse X, I create a new project. Then create a new GUI element named Test.java. Rapidclipse presents the file Test.ui.xml with a HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error.

When I manually open Test.java using "Rapidclipse GUI Editor", I am presented with the normal "GUI canvas". However, I cannot add any visual components to the canvas. Example - drag a Horizontal Layout to canvas and I get the circle with slash that implies "not allowed".

If I reopen the file Test.ui.xml and try to drag a componet to canvas with error status 500 message, I see the normal box that represents a component being dragged, but component does not appear on canvas which is expected but the circle with slash does not appear. 

I have re-installed Rapidclipse more than once and on more than one PC. I get the same behavior as described above.

Does anyone have a solution?

Update - I now realize that it is normal to have the file Test.ui.xml to be opened and use this as the canvas to drag components upon (different that prior versions) but I still have "Status 500" error and cannot drag components.

1 Answer

0 votes
answered by (2.8k points)

Please check Rapidclipse Framework Version in POM.xml!

Version 11 ist not compatible to version RC 10.4. The ugly trap is - the RC Update 11 is offered - any time you start the RC IDE. You have to cancel this offer! In this Forum there is a more detailed question in German.

Status 500" error is typical for this incompatibility!

commented by (130 points)
edited by
Thank you for your assistance.

my POM.XML has the following entry:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.rapidclipse</groupId>
            <artifactId>rap-server-core</artifactId>
            <version>11.00.00-RAP-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>

What is the correct maven dependency?

Updated - the following is the correct maven dependency for version 10.4.0":
            <version>10.04.00-RAP-GA</version>
Welcome to Rapidclipse Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.